Thursday, January 01, 2009


Tea with God

I was just looking at my blog while the girls finished their cinnamon buns and tea and Mark was at Lowe's and I read (skimmed, really) the Children's Catechism question (Question 119) toward the bottom of my blog. It asked 'What do we pray for in the fifth petition (of the Lord's Prayers)?' I honestly didn't think about it but just went straight for the answer. 'That God would pardon our sins for Christ's sake, and enable us to forgive those who have injured us.' (emphasis mine) I believe God has spoken to me on this new year's morning over my cup of tea. Dear Heavenly Father, I pray that you will help me to forgive, as you have forgiven me. Help me to not harbour grudges but to model for my girls what I have tried to teach them over the years. Help me to show them true christian character and to not be hypocritical as I face this trial. In this moment of truth, I pray that I will please you. Amen.

1 comment:

God's Girl Pearl said...

Loved this post. I just studied this in God's Word this morning in Ephesians 4:32: "Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you." (NIV). Also I love this verse in the Amplified Version: "And become useful and helpful and kind to one another, tenderhearted (compassionate, understanding, loving-hearted), forgiving one another [readily and freely], as God in Christ forgave you.