Thursday, September 25, 2008

An Autumn Meme

An Autumn Meme I found at School for Us, originally written by By Sun and Candlelight. I love answering questions about myself!

When does fall begin for you? In my heart, it begins during summer as I dream of the arrival of my favorite season.

What is your favorite aspect of fall? Everything! I love watching the leaves turn to Autumn colors and fall to the ground, the precious little squirrels scurrying about their tasks. I love back to school. I love the fragrances of Autumn, the crispness in the air, wearing sweaters. I love the memory of being outside as a little girl and hearing my daddy cutting wood for the winter fireplace. To this day, I love the sound of a distant saw.

What is your favorite fall memory? Playing Little House on the Prairie outside with my friends, my daddy near and knowing my dear mother was inside baking wonderful things. I'm not sure why this is an Autumn memory but it is and I love it! The anticipation of the holiday season with my family.

What do you like to drink in the fall? Hot chocolate. Always hot tea.

What's your favorite fall food? Homemade soups and freshly baked bread with butter.

What is fall weather like where you live? I'm sad to say it's still warm with an occasional whisper of Autumn.

What color is fall? Shades of scarlet, rich browns, gold, and of course, pumpkin orange!

What does fall smell like? Apples, Cinnamon, Cider simmering on the stove.

Holiday shopping in fall: Yes or No? Yes. I love shopping for loved ones. I must also confess that I do begin my Christmas decorating in October. But only the interior...I wouldn't want my neighbors to think I'm odd. ;)

If you could go anywhere in the fall, where would you go? Home

What is your favorite fall sport? Do Nutcracker Ballet rehearsals count as a sport?

Do you have a favorite fall chore? Watching my daughters rake leaves and if it's a windy day, wearing scarves around their heads to keep Mr. Wind out of their sweet little ears.

What is your least favorite thing about fall? That it doesn’t start here when the calendar tells it to start. I can't stand tardiness.

What is your favorite fall holiday? Thanksgiving Day.

What's your favorite kind of pie? Pecan. It's an ugly little pie but delicious, especially warm with homemade whipped cream!

What was your favorite Halloween costume? My Laura Ingalls costume from third grade. My mother sewed it for me and it's such a treasure to me, as is she.

What was your favorite Halloween candy? I love anything sweet!

What was your least favorite Halloween candy? See previous question.

Which do you prefer, the Farm or the Fair? I wish I could find a farm to visit. It would be such fun. We do always go to the fair though. We don’t ride much but we love to eat there and see the sights.

Do you have a favorite fall book? Pumpkin Moonshine by Tasha Tudor, An Old Fashioned Thanksgiving by Louisa May Alcott, Flower Fairies of the Autumn.

How about a favorite fall poem?At this moment it is Nature XXVIII, by Emily Dickinson. This is Holland’s October poem for memorization. It's such a sweet poem.

No comments: