Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Grinch

Charleston Ballet Theatre is presenting The Grinch this season as part of their Children's Series. It was held at their small downtown studio instead of one of the performing arts auditorium which made it seem more cozy. The scenery was simple but the dancing as always, was superb. Holland is performing in the shows this weekend but she wanted to see one too, so I took her and Dulcie to one of the shows this past Saturday. It was wonderful! This particular performance was just for the families of the Charleston Ballet School and we had front row seats. Perfect seats! I think Holland enjoyed watching her friends dance and I know she liked being a spectator for once instead of always being on the stage. After the show, there was a Who-Pie party where naturally, pies were served. I caught Holland sneaking a second slice, by the way. ;) The professional dancers were there to greet the audience which is always fun. We took pictures of some of our favorite dancers. Below is one with the Grinch and his faithful dog, Max. I'm hoping to get a good picture of Holland this weekend in her Who-Girl costume. If I do, I'll be certain to post it.



No comments: